Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Parking the Beast



I met a guy named Anthony at a festival back in April and we get to chatting on the dance floor. After he learned my name he was very eager to tell me about his ex-girlfriend named Masha also…”Masha Trivian”, sever times. I politely smiled and nodded and carried on to other dancers. But he kept on returning and asking little questions here and there, “Who do you know here, where are you from, where do you live now?” So I threw it out there….”I live in an RV, soooo I live, everywhere, anywhere I want.” This is always a fun thing to say to guys. They seem to love it, because it A. shows that I am an adventurous fun girl and B. I don’t like commitment, so they’re not afraid of me becoming a stage 5 clinger. Because, shit, I can’t even commit to an address, let alone a man! So after I told him this, he asked me where I park it. Anywhere really…why? Turns out he has a backyard/driveway/lawn and if I wanted to take him up on this offer, I could pay a little bit of rent and park and live. At first I was hesitant, because he wanted at least 3 months and even that was too much of a commitment for me. So I backed off and gypsied about town for a while longer. But then I got tired. The cost of gas is crazy, and not being able to plug in my refrigerator, is beginning to get costly as well. Going out all the time is also not good for the waste line.
            So I took Anthony up on his offer. I would have a nice fenced in place to park, a laundry room, electricity, water and WIFI. Gatita has a big area to roam in and if I REALLY need to take a shower in the house, some days I could. I have a gym at work and a shower there, as well as the yoga studio. So if I want a shower I have to workout. Which is doing WONDERS for my waist line J
            While at Anthony’s my adventures have home to a halt unfortunately, as my only adventure now, is my weekly visit to the RV dump. And even that is challenging sometimes, since my battery dies all the from under use. Sadly my time has been filled with tedious stuff like work, and looking for more and better work and car repairs, that traveling had to be put on the back burner. I have come use my free time for decorating and beautifying the interior of my little toaster. I’ve painted the ceiling and made a mirror mosaic. I have put a lot of effort into making it as cozy as possible and I must say, it’s come along nicely. I even have an outside bathtub that could potentially be more than just a decorative piece. I’ve always wanted an outside bathtub….ah, a girl can dream. 

1 comment: